Hello Everyone! So I have some really exciting news (and a change in plans for today’s blog)! Janea from My Dream is to Tell Stories nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Waking up to that email made my hectic morning a ton better! Thank you so much Janea!
The Liebster Award: A History 🙂
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
About Janea: The Nominator
Janea is the author of the book Searching for Fire, and her blog is a place for her writing of poetry, short stories, and book snip-its. Her posts are uplifting and challenge me to become a better writer, while still being incredibly creative and fun! She finishes her posts with the tagline “Keep writing! Keep creating! Keep being more!” Go check out her site at https://jspeerwritings.home.blog/ . Thank you Janea!
Janea’s Difficult Questions for me!
- You went to sleep and woke up transported to another time and place. Apparently you are in a medieval castle in the 13th century and you are the peasant that cleans out the horses’ stables. On an average day, what do you do for fun?
- Hmm…I created a game where I would place a basket with an apple in entrance of the stables, then I would clean out the stalls by pushing everything into a sort of labyrinth into the middle of the stable. That way, I am working gradually through the stalls, and when I do the last clean-up at the end, I can pretend like I am solving a maze to win an apple. Then, after a hard day’s work, I go to a nearby tavern with friends for a merry time!
- You go fishing by yourself one morning at the local lake. Your line snags on something and you reel it in. It appears to be an old genie lamp. You rub the lamp and a gorgeous genie pops out to grant you three wishes. What do you wish for?
- Let’s see. I would wish for unlimited money to Amazon, a refrigerator that refills automatically, and a library full of bookshelves crammed with books like in Beauty and the Beast. (Initially I was going to say things like world peace and the like, but I decided that wasn’t very exciting to read about *shrugs)
- You go to a family reunion and are told to bring a dish. You happen to be a horrendous cook. You want to impress the other family members though, particularly your cousin who gets loads of compliments on her cooking. What do you do and what dish should you bring?
- Alright, this is going to sound weird, but stick with me! My family has this recipe for a green bean casserole that everyone loves, but it is super easy to make. So I’d make that. You take 3 cans of green beans and dump them in a pan with 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and throw them in the oven for like 15 minutes. (recipe not exact) Then, top them with dried, crumbled onion bits from the store. Easy peasy and they’ll totally be a hit -especially compared to the overly fancy crap my cousin brings!
- You open up a bed and breakfast. Where is your bed and breakfast located and what will you provide the guests for breakfast?
- Ooo! My bed and breakfast will be in the mountains right along Shaver Lake. I will serve a variety of homemade muffins, freshly cooked pancakes with fruit, and make your own omelets (with real eggs from my chickens out back!).
- You move out to the country to start a new, simpler life with your family. The house needs a whole lotta work to repair. The house bathroom toilet is not working properly. There’s an outhouse out back, but last time you ventured near there you encountered a black snake. You’ve got to use the restroom right away. What do you do?
- Well, it depends. If I just need to pee, then I would probably use the restroom in the house and just not flush it. If I really had to go number 2, then I would probably take a bat/ umbrella/ huge stick and brave the outhouse.
The Nominees: Yay!
- Shri at Sun and Chai. Shri blogs about books and how they relate to having a voice, being represented, and the importance of diversity. Her posts are diverse, inspiring, and wonderfully written.
- Sophie at Girl VS World. Sophie reviews makeup products, discusses mental health, talks about social issues and everything in between. I love reading her posts and wondering what topic she’ll tackle next.
- Abby at Abby Likes to Read. Abby posts book reviews and other topics that she has thoughts about. Her writing style is cheery, and her book reviews are diverse and captivating. I love reading her thoughts!
Post These Rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog which nominated you.
2. Answer the questions your nominator asked.
3. Nominate two to six other bloggers who might appreciate the boost.
4. Ask them several unique questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
Questions for the Nominees:
- You win a free trip. For the trip, you can either travel anywhere for a month, but it has to be within 200 miles of your hometown. Or, you can travel anywhere in the world, but only for a week. What do you choose and where do you go?
- The zombie apocalypse has come. You hide away in a magical bunker that will keep you hidden and provide you with fresh food for the rest of your life. The problem? You can only choose 5 food items. What are they?
- You fall asleep and wake up in the Hogwarts castle wearing your house robes. The first place you want to go is…?
- You marry rich and don’t have to work a day in your life, unless you want to. How do you spend your free time?
- You walk into a beautiful, hidden bookstore in Paris and find a magical book of fantastic creatures from myths, legends, and real life. You get to pick one creature or animal to be your trustworthy companion for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
I would love to hear your responses to these questions, but if you do not want to participate, that’s fine. Keep doing what your doing, and thank you for your amazing contributions to this blogging community!
Thanks for reading!