Hello everyone! I hope you’re all doing well and have had a nice March! Today is my husband’s birthday, so we had pancakes for breakfast and we get to celebrate him tonight! Do you have any fun quarantine plans for the day? Any good April Fool’s pranks for tomorrow?
Well it’s Tuesday again, so that means it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s prompt is Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I actually had a bit of trouble with this prompt because while I love reading and constantly have books on me, I am also a fairly social, outgoing person. So, in public, I don’t think it’s that obvious that I am a booky person because I’m usually out with people and therefore not reading. 🤷♀️
But the ten best signs for me that I came up with are:
- I relate daily experiences back to books (Ex: the way Siri said that direction reminds me of how the Thunderhead is voiced in the Thunderhead audiobook)
- People come to me for book recommendations (Ex: I was a book that is cute, less than 350 pages, has a romance story, but is also funny. What should I read?)
- I always have a book on me- whether it’s a physical book, an ebook, or an audiobook varies…😂
- I love the smell of books (mmmmm)
- The number of shelves in my house (I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and have 5 bookshelves)
- It takes a lot of strength to leave a bookshop without buying anything
- I love having (and meeting) reading goals and challenges.
- I wish that book characters could come to life.
- A lot of the presents I receive are books or book-related (which I am perfectly happy with!)
- I talk really fast and loud when someone asks me about books
There you have it! What are some signs that you’re a book lover? Let me know in the comments, and feel free to link to your TTT so I can read your answers! 🙃