I had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by Emmie over @ Another Night of Reading. Thank you so much for the nomination, and I hope you all go check out Emmie’s amazing blog! ❤️
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
1.How many unread books do you own?
Ooo, 38! (Which is kinda crazy, I know 🙈) I’m actually keeping track of this right now because I’m trying to read all the unread books on my physical shelves😂.
2. Can you recommend a book that is a classic in your country but isn’t very well known anywhere else?
Huh, that’s a hard one. Does A Brave New World Count? I feel like schools in my area count this almost like a classic, but I haven’t heard about it anywhere else. It’s actually a fairly new book, but the content has made it into a lit classic.
3. Do you know a film that is better than the book it’s based on?
So this is kind of a weird answer, but I recently watched the short film, Hair Love, and I enjoyed it so much more than its picture book!
4. Do you have a favourite bookmark?
Yes! My favorite bookmark is a Stormtrooper one that a friend gave me for my birthday (Thanks Em!)
5. How do you choose which book to read next?
I’m such a mood reader, that I typically just pick books based on what I feel like reading!
6. Writing in books – yay or nay?
Nay (unless they’re for school or plays!). Most of the time, writing in books bugs me, although I do sometimes wish that I had marked favorite passages in books!
7. What are the top-three things on your bucket list?
Hmm…travel to as many countries as I can, go to at least 1 giant book event, and learn another language (hopefully!).
8. What is the most embarrassing book on your bookshelf?
So this is going to sound like a weird answer, but I’m picking City of Bones. Not because the cover is really that bad, but Jace is shirtless on the cover and my mom used to tease me relentlessly about it when I read it in high school🤦♀️
9. Do you re-read books?
Not really… I always feel like there are too many new books for me to read to have time to reread others. Although I have recently had my first rereads- the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and The Infernal Devices trilogy!
10. What is your favourite book cover?
That is so hard! Honestly, I’ve narrowed it down to my top 3 that I’ve read within the past year, and that’s going to be good enough! 😂 The Gilded Wolves, Shadow of the Fox, and With the Fire on High.
11. If you had to complete one ‘do … every day for a year’-challenge, what would you choose?
Well I’d like to say reading, but truthfully I’d probably pick some sort of exercise or devotional thing. I’m trying a yoga program right now, but that’s only 3 days a week 👍🏻
11 Random Facts (wow! That’s a lot of facts! We’ll see if I get that many😬)
- My friends and I started a reading circle in high school where we would buy books together and then rotate books constantly so it was cheaper!
- I am a chocolate addict 😜
- My husband and I built a fort in our new apartment that took up the whole living room and blocked our couch- and we left it up for almost a month 😂.
- I got married when I was 21.
- I lived in “The Shire” in Middle Earth in my first year of college. (At UCI)
- I picked up water polo my senior year of High school because my friends wanted me to play with them (which I barely did because I was so bad that I was stuck with the freshmen 😂)
- I am the oldest and have a younger sister and brother
- I have had over 30 rabbits in my life.
- I have bottle-fed a baby cow 🐮
- I graduated from college in 2 years.
- I have never been on a varsity sports team.
Now, I’m nominating…
No pressure to respond, but I love all your blogs and I would love to send some love your way! ❤️
- Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Corner
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den
- Gabby @ Fantastic Reads
- Anniek @ Anniek’s Library
- Gilana @ Gil Reads Books
- Rachael @ Scorpio Book Dreams
- Sara @ The Bibliophagist
- El @ InkandPlasma
- Amy @ Amy’s Bookish Life
- Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn’s Cozy Reading Corner
- Karla @ Reads and Thoughts
My Questions for You!
- What is your favorite series?
- Do you have a favorite magic system? If so, what is it?
- Would you rather only read physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks for the rest of your life?
- Is there a movie that you like better than the book? What is it?
- What are you currently reading?
- Where is your dream house located?
- Would you rather have a gourmet chef make all your food or have a fully stocked fridge that you get to cook with?
- What is your favorite or funniest bookmark to use?
- Are you more of an early bird or a night owl?
- Have you ever stayed up all night reading?
- What is your favorite hobby? (Besides reading if that is typically your favorite 😉)
Thanks for reading! Stay safe out there! ❤️🙃