Hello everyone! Today is Star Wars day! May the fourth be with you!
I grew up watching Star Wars, so these movies have an incredibly important place in my heart. I loved the characters and story, and although they are super cheesy at parts, they are one of my favorite series to date.
One thing that has impacted my life is Leia. Princess Leia became my idol when I was a little girl because she taught me that I could be beautiful, sassy, and powerful all at once. I cried when Carrie Fisher passed away because the world lost an amazing woman who has left her mark. ❤️
To celebrate today, I wanted to complete a Star Wars related book tag, and I found a really fun one over on Jenna’s site @ Bookmark Your Thoughts. Thanks for sharing the tag, and you all should go check out her site! 🙃
R2-D2: A book that made you laugh out loud
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating. This book was hilarious and adorable! (As is R2- aka my favorite character ever! 😂)
Anakin Skywalker: A Book or series that started out well and then became bad
- American Royals. I loved the premise of this book, but it really went downhill toward the end of the story- hopefully the sequel makes it better!
Padme Amidala: A Book with a beautiful cover/ gorgeous clothing
- I just bought A Heart So Fierce and Broken, and I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous!
Leia Organa: Kickbutt female character
- I’m going to have to go with Aelin from the Throne of Glass series! She is so amazing and powerful, and I adore her!!!
Luke Skywalker: Rising Star author, a new author you’ve discovered and absolutely love
- Madeline Miller. She’s not really new, but she’s new to me. I’ve recently read Circe and The Song of Achilles, and I have thoroughly enjoyed both! It’s safe to say that I’ll read anything she writes!
Han Solo: A Book with a lot of sass
- Would Like to Meet. This book is full of sass, meet-cutes, and hilarious encounters!
Darth Vader: favorite villain
- Ummm truthfully, Darth Vader is my favorite villain… he is so cool and I love how he is still sassy even after everything!
Emperor Palpatine: best world building
- The Arc of a Scythe trilogy. This series had wonderful world building, and I loved how creative everything was!
Ben Kenobi/ Obi-Wan Kenobi: a Book you went in with low expectations and that blew you away by the end
- Shadow of the Fox. I picked up this book because I loved the cover, and I didn’t expect anything special- but it was such a wonderful story!
Yoda: a book that taught you something or that made you grow
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story. This book taught me so much about living with depression and learning to take care of yourself. Such an amazing book!
Qui-Gon Jinn: Worst character death (SPOILERS!!!)
- Ooo, this would totally be a spoiler for The Dark Artifices series by Cassandra Clare! But oh my gosh, that death at the end completely gutted me! It was heartbreaking!!!
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading this! Feel free to complete the tag and comment if you want! I would love to hear your answers and know what your favorite Star Wars movie is- mine is Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back!
Hope you all have a great day, and may the force be with you, always!