Hello everyone! I had the honor of being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award a few weeks back by Claire and Christy over at I’m All Booked Up. Thank you so much for the nomination, and you all should go check out their site for amazing bookish content!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I’m getting my Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- I married my high school sweetheart (very YA book-like)
- I adore animals, but I haven’t had any of my own since I moved out of my family’s house 4 years ago. (Although I still count my family’s dog and cat as mine 🙃).
1. Do you have a pre-established minimum Goodreads average rating that you use to determine if you will read a book or not?
- It’s not really pre-established, but I typically only read books that have a Goodreads average above 2 stars (I try to stay with books above a 3.25 rating). I read a lot of books, but I don’t have time for books that don’t sound good or interesting, so I like to make sure that at least some people enjoyed a book.
2. What is your favorite social media medium for connecting with fellow bloggers?
- I post a lot on my WordPress blog, but I feel like Bookstagram is the better way to interact and connect with fellow bloggers. Everyone is just so friendly, and it’s easy to get talking.
3. Favorite fiction book/series?
- I have many books and series that I adore, but if I had to narrow it down I would say that my favorite series is The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I adore this series, and it has a special place in my heart.
4. If you could star in a movie based on your favorite book, which would it be?
- Ooo Percy Jackson! I used to tell myself stories about starring as Annabeth in an amazing Percy Jackson TV show that made me famous- and I fell in love with my co-star. So yeah, I would love to play Annabeth in a movie…🙃
5. If you could meet any author, who would it be?
- That’s hard! I would probably choose either Sarah J Maas or Rick Riordan. I love both their books, and I would enjoy meeting with them to talk about their characters and lives!
My Questions for You
- Do you prefer standalone books, trilogies, or series with many books?
- What is your favorite type of weather? (Sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, windy…)
- If you could star in a movie based on one of your favorite books, what would it be- and who would you like to be in it?
- What is the most recent TV show you have watched and loved?
- Do you like listening to music while reading or do you prefer silence?
- Shivi @ Bookaholic
- Celine @ Celinelingg
- Priyasha @ Books and Co.
- Prutha @ The Confessions of a Music and Book Addict
- Rosy @ Shelf Things
My favorite post right now is my post about Amplifying Black Voices and spreading awareness of the need to end white supremacy. This post has ways to donate and help with the Black Lives Matter movement, and I think it is important for everyone to take part in this important step in our history for equality and justice.
Keep Strong, Stay Safe, and Go Change the World ❤️✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼✊🏻❤️