Hello everyone! Today I’m bringing you a book tag based on characters from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the Heroes of Olympus series- both by astounding author Rick Riordan!
It is no secret that I adore the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series ❤️, so I was thrilled when Danni @ _ForBooksSake tagged me in this character tag! Thank you Danni for the tag, and you all should go check out her amazing blog!
I’m going to try to complete this tag using mainly the books that I’ve read so far in 2020! Let me know what you think and enjoy! 🙃
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post.
- Link to the original creator: May @ Forever and Everly! Please note that she made the artwork/graphics, if using them.
- Match books with the given prompts.
- Tag however many people as wanted!
- Copy-paste the rules and list of prompts.
1) Percy Jackson- Your best/ favorite book of the year
- Oh my gosh, that is so hard! I have read so many phenomenal books this year! If I had to pick a favorite, I would have to say either Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare or the Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett.
2) Annabeth Chase- A Book where you’re in awe of the author’s genius
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. This book was breathtaking and wonderfully written. It fit so seamlessly into the myth of the Trojan War that everyone knows.
3) Grover Underwood- A book you love that’s under-hyped
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman- London. This book was amazing, and I loved how it tackled body image, fatphobia, and love seamlessly throughout the story!
4) Luke Castellan- A Book you thought you’d hate, but didn’t
- So I don’t really read books that I think I’ll hate, but a recent book that I went into with low expectations and had them totally blown away was Slay by Brittney Morris. I didn’t know much about this book, but I adored it. The story was addicting, the characters were amazing, and the message was wonderful!
5) Chiron- A book that will always feel like home
- I don’t know if it’s cheating for this tag, but The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan has always been one of my favorite books that makes me feel at home!
6) Tyson- A book with a sibling relationship you adore
- Oh my gosh, I love the sibling relationship between Nishat and Priti in The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar. They were sweet and so supportive of one another!
7) Thalia Grace- A book where time froze when you read it
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This book was beautifully written, and I blew threw it in no time at all!
8) Nico Di Angelo- A well-loved book that you love too
- Heartstopper: Volume 1 by Alice Oseman. I finally read this much recommended and loved book, and I absolutely adored it! I totally understand people’s obsession with this story!
9) Calypso- A book you’d be marooned on an island with
- Let’s face it, there are many books that I wouldn’t mind being marooned with, but the one that first came to my mind is Beach Read by Emily Henry. This book was sweet and addicting, and I had an amazing time reading it. I feel like it would keep my sane on an island alone!
10) Rachel Dare- A book you predict you will give 5 stars
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert. I haven’t started this book yet, but I adored the prequel and I have heard such amazing things about this book!
11) Jason Grace- An upcoming book you’d get hit by a brick to read
- A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir. I cannot wait to read this book- even though it will possibly as painful go read as getting hit by a brick 😬. I’m crossing my fingers for a mostly happy, wonderful ending! 😅
12) Piper McLean- A book you loved that someone convinced you to read
- My bookish friend convinced me to read Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson and I am so grateful that I listened! I loved the fantastical libraries of this book, and the story was wonderful!
13) Leo Valdez- The funniest book you’ve read
- Ooo this definitely has to go to Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren. This book was hilarious, and it definitely had me laughing out loud! ❤️
14) Hazel Levesque- An old book/ a book you read a long time ago but still love
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I read this book ages ago, but it has a special place in my heart!
15) Frank Zhang- A book you were afraid to reach the end of
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa. This trilogy finale was astounding, but I was terrified to know how it all ended!
16) Reyna Ramírez- Arellano- A book everyone hates but you love
- Hmm I’m not sure about this one. The best answer I can come up with is Let’s Talk about Love by Claire Kann and that is only because it has some bad reviews. I really enjoyed the book, but apparently not everyone was happy with the asexual representation throughout the story.
17) Octavian- A book you would punch without hesitation
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I hated this book, and I would gladly punch it (sorry to everyone who enjoys it!)
18) Percabeth- A book with the best romance
- I loved the relationship between Simon and Blue (I’m leaving it there in case of spoilers 🙃) in Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. They are just precious, and I loved seeing them in Leah on the Offbeat as well! 🥰
There you have it! I’ve decided not to tag anyone because I think this tag is more fun for people who have read these books! Feel free to complete this tag, and tag me because I would love to read your answers!
Have you read any of these books? Do you agree with me? Let’s chat!
Be safe, Stay strong, and Change the World! ❤️🏳️🌈✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼✊🏻🏳️🌈❤️