Hello everyone! Today I’m bringing you a review for a fun book about fake dating and reaching for the stars.
Title: Written in the Stars
Author: Alexandria Bellefleur
Genre: (New) Adult Romance
Content Warning: slight homophobia, cheating, sex, alcohol
Rating: 4.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
When Darcy’s well-meaning brother sets her up on a blind date with Elle, an astrologist looking for her true love, the date is a disaster. Not looking for love or more dates, Darcy lies to her brother saying the blind date was a success to get him off her back. But when her brother congratulates Elle on a great date, Elle is baffled because analytical, skeptical Darcy seemed to dislike her.
With the encouragement of Darcy, the two women begin to fake date to ease the pressure from their families to find partners. As the girls get to know each other, they quickly learn that opposites attract and their fate might just be written in the stars.
This was such a sweet book! The characters were entertaining, the texts were hilarious, and this story just gave me warm fuzzy feelings.
Elle is such a bundle of optimistic joy, and I loved getting to know her better! She acts breezy and confident, and in her heart she is a strong, brave woman just like I strive to be. There is so much more to her than meets the eye, and it was wonderful to see that! Also, her obsession with astrology and zodiac signs was fascinating and addicting!
Darcy was the scared pessimism to Elle’s bubbly optimism, and seeing them interact was amazing. Darcy was realistic, down to earth, and thoughtful. It was nice to see this type of personality written in a romantic comedy in such a realistic, honest way. I loved seeing things through Darcy’s point of view and how this shifted throughout the story.
Overall this was a fun, sweet book full of laughter, love, and a great cast of characters. I recommend this book to anyone looking for an adorable, sapphic romance about fake dating, real love, and the stars.
Some of my favorite parts of this adorable book were:
- The disaster of a blind date! It was awful, but really amusing!
- All the zodiac lists at the beginning of the chapters
- The intense chemistry between Elle and Darcy! I loved that they both felt it and didn’t know what to do about it 🥰
- The escape room! It was such a fun puzzle, and it was great to see everyone working together! I was so proud of them!
- Darcy’s love of soap operas. This was such a fun piece of her character, and I loved how much Elle supported her!
- Their texts were amazing! I loved reading them!
- Making pancakes in the kitchen and making out ☺️
- Although I am so mad at Darcy’s mom, I did adore that Elle came over immediately after getting the call and bringing a crappy tree and some ornaments. Adorable!!!
- The saké bombs!!
- When Darcy stood up for Elle in front of her family and gave Elle the courage to stand up for herself.
- The letter from Elle’s family apologizing for their behavior and congratulating her on her new partnership with One True Pairing!
- Their dance at the Christmas party before everything fell apart.
- Elle and her roommate’s relationship. I loved them, and how supportive and down to earth she was!
- The fact that Darcy bought Elle a cilantro plant to prove that she loves her at the end. It was practical and adorable!
My main complaint is that I wanted a more complete ending that better wrapped up this phenomenal book.
Have you read this book? What did you think?
I’d love to know your thoughts!
Be safe, Stay strong, and Change the World!!! ❤️🏳️🌈✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼✊🏻🏳️🌈❤️
Use the links below to add this book on Goodreads or purchase it from Amazon or Book Depository.
2 thoughts on “Written in the Stars Book Review- Zodiac Signs, Fake Dating, and True Love”
I read this one! I thought it was so cute, but I read an ARC and the language was really repetitive–I am glad it looks like that was edited!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh that’s annoying! I noticed that a little, but it didn’t bother me too much. It probably also helped that I listened to the audiobook! ☺️