I hope you all had a lovely Valentine’s Day, and a 3-day weekend for some!
It’s Tag Thursday, and today I’ll be answering questions for an anti-Valentine’s day tag. Thanks for tagging me Alys @ Alys in Bookland . I hope you guys enjoy!
- Link back to the blog that tagged you!
- Answer the 10 anti-Valentine’s Day questions provided.
- Come up with your own 10 anti-Valentine’s questions for blogs you tag.
- Tag ten other bloggers to do the tag!
1.If you will write a romance story, which romance trope will you pick?
- Friends to lovers. Probably. That’s a hard one, but I feel like I could draw on my own experience the most with this trope.
2. Red rose, sunflower, or tulips?
- Sunflower. Although roses and tulips are also beautiful! I think the deciding factor is that it specified red rose. If the answer was just “rose” then I might’ve gone with it!
3. Who are the characters you still ship even if they don’t end up with one another?
- Cinder and Kai from The Lunar Chronicles. I love them together, and I’m going to ship them forever- even if things don’t totally go as planned in the end.
4. What book has cute side characters’ romance?
- The Starless Sea! The main character had a nice relationship, but the stories that he read followed the lives of two amazing couples! I loved reading their romantic stories full of love and adventure!
5. What is your least favorite popular OTP in the book world?
- Jace and Clary. Now I do have to admit that they are growing on me in these newer Cassandra Clare series, but I really didn’t care for the angsty teenage relationship between these two in the Mortal Instruments Series. Sorry y’all.
6. Which characters do you think will be best together than whom they end up with?
- Lara Jean and John Ambrose McClaren from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. So, the new movie may have swayed my opinion and I haven’t gotten around to reading the last book in the trilogy yet, but I like John with Lara Jean more than her and Peter!
7. What book has the cutest date or proposal for you?
- Does Olive and Ethan’s trip to Maui count as one big date? If so, then definitely that one😂. If not, then I guess I can deal with their paintball outing being my cute date! (From The Unhoneymooners)
8. What is your favorite book that has your least favorite romance trope?
- The Clockwork Princess. I’m not actually a huge fan of love triangles, but this series has my favorite love triangle of all time- although I still wish it wasn’t a triangle!
9. If you can have a character as your real-life girlfriend or boyfriend, who will it be, and why?
- Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. He is funny, sweet, dorky, and fit. I would love spending time with him, and he might make me exercise (which would be good for me!). Also going hand-in-hand, if I were into girls then I would totally pick Annabeth. So overall, they are just both amazing.
10. What book deserved to be hyped that is still/currently underhyped right now?
- Trial by Fire series. I had never heard of this series, but I am in the middle of it right now and absolutely loving it! It reminds me of a middle grade version of Throne of Glass or The Darkest Minds. It’s really enjoyable!
My Questions are:
- What would be your favorite Valentine’s Day present?
- Would you rather spend Valentine’s Day single and alone, or third-wheeling with your good friends who are a couple?
- Who is your favorite OTP? Why?
- Do you have a least favorite, well-known bookish couple? If so, then who?
- What book character do you think would be better with you than with their current partner? (Aka: a Book where you like one part of the couple, but not both)
- What is the weirdest date/ proposal that you’ve ever read about?
- Name two characters from different books who you think would make an amazing couple.
- Sweethearts: Name a character who seems romantic, but is actually disappointing.
- What is your least favorite romantic trope, and what book do you think pulls it off the best?
- Would you like to read a romantic book on Valentine’s Day? If not, then what genre would you like to read?
I’m tagging: (although totally no pressure:) )
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way
- Gabby @ Fantastic Reads
- Lauren @ Laureads_
- Rose @ Wanders Between Pages
- Holly @ Holly Reads a Lot
- Rae @ Novels and Notions
- Steph @ A Little But a Lot
- and Anyone who fancies a go at these questions!
Feel free to answer in a post or in the comments and tag me so I can see your answers!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this tag!